The classroom is cleaned out and all my teacher stuff is packed away in my storage unit. I’m all set for sixty-five days of peace and quiet, you might think.
But, no. There is no rest for the wicked. My 2019 summer will consist of:
- Tackling an accelerated college class (required for my teaching license)
- Taking an AP seminar so I can teach AP Literature and Composition (12th grade AP English)
- Reworking my entire English IV class to be more blended (stations)
- Considering reworking my Creative Writing class to be more portfolio/workshop based
- Reading a stack of teaching books
- Reading a stack of YA novels
- Working on my WIP: Hacked (I’m at 59%!!)
- Writing some articles for Medium
- Developing a flash fiction anthology
- Developing a sequel idea to Hacked
- Developing a story idea for a character that I LOVE, but I’m not sure what to do with
- Oh, and, yeah, I want to spend some time with my husband, too. At the beach is a bonus.